Champagne by Private Plane
The Experts in Incentive Travel to Champagne with 25 years experience.
Arblaster & Clarke are the leading specialist in the field of Incentive Wine Tours. We operated our first incentive wine tour in 1987 and this was to Champagne. We know the champagne cellars very well and can help you choose venues most suited to your guests and then design the perfect itinerary for your objectives in line with your budget.
Most of the Incentive Wine Tours we arrange in Champagne are fabulous day trips to Champagne by private plane, but we also arrange dinners at the cellars with overnight stays, and Champagne weekends or short breaks to the region by Eurostar.
We are fully bonded with the Civil Aviation Authority Licence 2543 so, of course, we charter the plane for you and offer you 100% financial protection in doing so. If a company tells you that you have to book the flight for your wine tours corporate hospitality through a flight broker, this broker will not be able to offer you CAA bonding and so you do not have the benefit of 100% financial guarantees nor the ease of booking everything with one experienced fully licensed wine tours operator.
The Champagne Flight
The main Champagne vineyards which you will visit are situated roughly 90 miles to the east of Paris. These are the classic vineyards of the Montagne de Reims, the Côte des Blancs and the Vallée de la Marne.
Reims is home to many of the great names in Champagne such as Roederer, Krug, Veuve Clicquot, Pommery, Taittinger, Ruinart.
Epernay has Moet (with the great ‘Dom Perignon’ brand), Pol Roger, Perrier-Jouet….
Out in the villages you’ll find greats such as Bollinger, Billecart-Salmon, Jacquesson and many more …
For a price very competitive with the more usual events such as days at the races, you can jet off in a private plane to a gastronomic lunch in the cellars of Champagne! The Champagne region is reachable in just over an hour’s flight, so, leaving at a reasonable 9am, you can, by lunch time, be sitting down as private guests of a Champagne House.
Check in at Farnborough Airport with its superb executive faciliteis at 08.30. You will be met by a member of the Arblaster & Clarke Wine Tours team who will be travelling with you to ensure that you and your guests can relax and enjoy a superb day out. Depart at 09.00 on your private aircraft (turbo-prop or jet). A delicious breakfast and Champagne will be served in flight.
Just over an hour later, you land at Chalons-Vatry, a small airfield just a 35 minute drive to Champagne’s Montagne de Reims Vineyards. You will be picked up by a luxury, leather seated coach and driven to lunch as the private guests of one of the many Champagne Houses and chateaux that Arblaster and Clarke work with in the region. For smaller parties, or those on a tighter budget, this would generally be an excellent family run House where you will meet a family member and enjoy a tasty traditional lunch with a selection of their own champagnes. Larger parties can choose instead to lunch at a famous House such as Moet & Chandon, Pommery or Veuve-Clicquot, for example. We will enjoy a visit of the cellars followed by a candlelit lunch in the dramatic setting of the cellars. (Meeting facilities can also be made available prior to the lunch if you wish for an additional cost according to your meeting requirements).
After lunch (if you don’t linger too long!) perhaps we can take you to visit Reims, or to stop off at the windmill at Verzenay to admire the view and have a breath of fresh air. There may be time to visit the famous cathedral and city centre too.
Our return flight is at 18.00, landing at Farnborough at 18.05. In flight, you will have high-tea and another glass of champagne(Timings and departure airports can be adjusted to suit your requirements).
Price indication based on 30 people flying in a Dornier 328 Turbo-Prop is around £795 per person based on visiting and lunching at a smaller Champagne House with a buffet or traditional lunch with champagnes included. Prices will vary depending on your party size, the kind of aircraft you choose to fly in, where you fly from, the standard of the meal required,(buffet. traditional or gastronomic) and on the level and quantity of Champagnes included (from Non-vintage, to special “cuvvees”).
The smaller the party size the higher the per person cost. It is also important to make use of all the seats on the plane for the most economic pricing as there is no reduction for unoccupied seats.
Wine Flight Prices Include
- Private hire of aircraft for return flight from UK airport & luxury coach on arrival.
- A knowledgeable Tour Manager to meet and accompany the party throughout the day or to meet on location.
- Cold breakfast on the outward journey, with tea, coffee, orange juice
- High Tea – Sandwiches and cakes and complimentary drinks on return flight.
(Champagne can be served as an optional extra at both these in-flight meals and on some planes, for a supplement, hot meals can be offered if the on-board facilities exist).
- 4 course buffet or traditional lunch with several different champagnes included totalling around one bottle of champagne per person (or upgrade to a gastronomic menu at one of the famous Champagne Houses).
- Logoed Menu cards
- Information pack per participant.
- Fully bonded with our CAA Licence 2543
(Zero rated for VAT)
Wine Flight Extras
This is just a small selection of add-on ideas you may include at additional cost, (these must be ordered with artwork no later than 28 days before departure):-
- Wine may be sent in advance as a teaser or collected on the spot. Labels can be personalised with your logo.
- Champagne in-flight. Any brand you wish to match your tastes and budget – Dom Perignon, Pol Roger, Louis Roederer, Salon,…
- Catering – there may be various upgrades available in-flight depending no the type of aircraft and on location.
- Champagne chocolate “bouchons” (corks) can be offered at the end of the meal or on the return journey.
- Logo-ed headrests on the aircraft can be arranged.
- Personalised place cards can be arranged.
- Books – there are superb publications on Champagne and Bordeaux or wine in general that you may offer clients as a memento, these can be personalised with a label and in some cases we can arrange for the authors, who are often part of our extended wine guiding team, to personally sign them for you.
Prices, Quotes… Contact the leading wine tours team for your assurance of a perfect day in Champagne for your valued clients!
Arblaster & Clarke Wine Tours Ltd,
Cedar Court, 5 College Street, Petersfield, Hants GU31 4AE. UK
Tel: 01730 263111 Fax: 01730 711295