Bordeaux Margaux Wine Chateau Holiday
This Arblaster & Clarke wine château holiday gives you the opportunity to stay in a Margaux château. Explore the region and enjoy exclusive château visits and tastings with your own personal guide.
An introduction to Bordeaux
‘Château’ is used to describe a wine estate in Bordeaux (not just the beautiful building that the word conjures up in English) and even today a number of these impressive Châteaux built mostly in the 19th century are still in use and still represent much of the wine’s image.
Most of these Châteaux are empty hulls, or used for wine making purposes only, but a small handful have been done up to a very high standard to welcome private guests offering the discerning wine enthusiast the rare opportunity of spending a night or two at a working ‘winery’ in great comfort. A&C have inspected many of the châteaux offering private accommodation and are able to give you expert on advice on the best ones to stay at whether it is a room on a wine estate or at luxury full service Château-hotels with spas and gourmet restaurants.
Outline itinerary for Margaux wine château stay:-
- On arrival at Bordeaux airport or train station, make your own arrangements to arrive at the accommodation – taxis are easy to arrange on arrival on the spot, payable directly by cash to the driver. You could also reach Bordeaux by train from Paris or even driving from the UK.
- The small commune of Margaux makes an ideal base for this wine-weekend as not only is it, of course, surrounded by world-class châteaux and vineyards, but it also has several good restaurants all within a very short stroll of your accommodation.
- Evening – You are free to dine at your choice of restaurant this evening. We will provide you with details pre-trip so that you can either pre-book or make your choice on the spot.
Day Two (this cannot be a Saturday or a Sunday)
- Breakfast at the château.
- At 09.30/10.00 your local guide will meet you to take you on a walking tour of the Margaux vineyards and for wine tastings at three châteaux. You will pause for lunchtime in the village (meal and wines not included, you can choose on the spot giving you total freedom of what you choose from the menu to suit your appetite and thirst on the day).
- This is a superb way to get the feel for the commune, its vineyards, its magnificent châteaux and to be able to enjoy the tastings to the full without having to get in and out of car and enjoy a bit of light exercise throughout the day.
- Free evening in Margaux
- Breakfast at the château.
- Your accommodation reception desk can arrange for your return taxi as required.
Margaux château stay Includes:
Based on the exact itinerary shown here and booked and confirmed no later than 14 weeks before departure
Supplement for bookings made after 14 weeks, from £200 per person.
Dates possible: The trip is not possible during French bank holidays or in August. Supplement for Mid- September to end October 2012, add 10%
If you prefer a bespoke wine chateaux stay, and have a larger budget than shown below, please call for a quote with an indication of your requirements and budget. This price is based exclusively on this exact itinerary.
- Price includes two nights in wine-château accommodation, superior twin-share standard room.
- Breakfast on both mornings.
- Local wine guide to meet you at the château and escort you on foot on the second day.
- Visits to three Margaux châteaux with tastings (these will normally be of the latest vintage due to the negotiant system). These visits are on foot and a total of 3 to 5 miles may be walked over the course of the day.
- Wine notes, maps and Arblaster & Clarke Wine Tours local restaurant suggestions for you to use to make your own restaurant bookings before or on the spot.
Please contact us with your payment details. On receipt of this information we will check availability. Should there be availability at the hotel on the required dates, your card will be debited of the package price quoted per person. Should we be unable to match the price quoted above we will of course contact you directly to discuss your options.
Deposit: Full payment is required at time of booking.
Price based on standard twin/double and the number of participants as shown
Please note that if your party size drops at any time after booking the per person price will be that of the remaining party size but deposits from those who cancel will be transfered to the remaining party, less a £50 administration fee.
(All prices are net web offers and not available in our brochure or via travel agents).