Château Cos D'Estournel, Bordeaux
Bordeaux Pichon Longueville
Corporate Hospitality in Bordeaux
21 years of expertise in Corporate Hospitality
Arblaster & Clarke are the leading specialist in the field of Incentive Wine Tours and Bordeaux is one of our most popular destinations.
Arblaster & Clarke have introductions to all the great châteaux and our team of in-house wine experts can design the most exclusive experiences, taking care of everything down to the finest detail. Great care must be taken here. It is very important to visit the most suitable chateaux for the client, and to taste the appropriate wine in the right vintages and to get the travel programme carefully balanced.
The Bordeaux Flight
The famous communes of Margaux, St Julien, St Estephe and Pauillac start just 30 minutes from Bordeaux Airport. Driving along these roads is like delving into a great wine list, as château after illustrious château appear to your right and left. In just over 2 hours you can be arriving in the heart of the Bordeaux vineyards, and can easily make lunch with a respectable departure time in the morning.
The elegant city itself, with its mainly 18th century buildings, is attractively situated on the River Gironde with the wine merchants’ old depots lining its banks. The old-quarter is filled with cafés, brasseries and chic shops, a superb theatre, a grand cathedral and a tempting indoor market.
The Medoc also has one of the best golf courses in the world too, the Golf du Médoc, but we are definitely talking about an overnight stay rather than a day trip if golf interests you.
We are fully bonded with the Civil Aviation Authority Licence 2543 so of course we can charter the plane for you and offer you 100% financial protection in doing so. If a company tells you that you have to book the flight for your wine tours corporate hospitality through a flight broker, this broker will not be able to offer you CAA bonding and so you do not have the benefit of 100% financial guarantees nor the ease of booking everything with one experienced fully licensed wine tours operator.
08.15 Check in at Farnborough airport. You will be met by a member of the Arblaster & Clarke Wine Tours team. Depart at 08.45 on your private aircraft. Breakfast with a glass of Champagne is served in flight.
We land at Bordeaux at 11.55 (local time) and our coach takes us to the chateau of your choice. If you want to visit the Medoc – Margaux, St Julien, Pauillac or St Estèphe, possible visits include top cru classé châteaux such as Lascombes, Lynch Bages, Cos d’Estournel and Pichon Longueville Comtesse. You may wish to visit the Right Bank (for St Emilion or Pomerol), though this is a longer journey. Here possible chateaux include, Franc-Mayne and Petit-Village. Graves Pessac-Léognan is very close to the airport and allows you longer in the city. Here visits include Smith-Haut-Lafitte and Domaine de Chevalier.
After lunch, depending on which château you choose, we can explore other châteaux, or visit the city centre.
Our return flight is at 18.00, landing at Farnborough at 19.10. (Timings and UK departure airports can be adjusted to suit your requirements).
Our Bordeaux flight offers both sophistication and novelty from around £895 – £1000 per person, based on 30 people flying in a Dornier 328 Turbo-Prop. Prices will vary depending on your party size, the kind of aircraft you choose to fly in and the standard of the meal required. The smaller the party the higher the per person cost. It is also important to make use of all the seats on the plane for the most economic pricing.
More Ideas in Bordeaux
A Weekend based at a top Bordeaux Château in Medoc or St Emilion
A small group may stay as exclusive guests at a top Bordeaux wine Chateau. This would not be a hotel, and is not easily available to the general public. The Chateaux that we work have between 6 – 8 rooms and so are suitable for just 6 – 8 individuals or up to 16 if in couples. Alternatively for a larger party there are several excellent 4* chateau-hotels to choose from.
This type of tour would be most suitable for Director level clients. In order to add to the overall enjoyment the tour could be hosted by a Wine Expert which would enhance the ‘wine education’.
A round of golf at the famous “Golf du Medoc”, rated as one of the best Golf Courses in the world is nearby, can be included.
A Conference at a Château near Bordeaux
A Chateau near Bordeaux makes a prestigous base for a conference.
Intimate seminar-style conferences could be held at one of several wine chateaux. Larger conferences can be arranged at well run chateaux hotels. An appropriate range of extra-curricular activities including a wine tour, tasting dinners, a private wine festival, lecture on Bordeaux wines, golf etc can be arranged too.
Travel links to Bordeaux are good, with international flights arriving from many destinations, TGV link to Paris and motorway connections to the north, south-west and into Spain.
For prices & quotes… Contact us
Wine Flight Prices Include
• Private hire of aircraft for return flight from Farnborough & luxury coach on arrival.
• A knowledgeable Tour Manager accompany the party throughout the day.
• Cold breakfast on the outward journey, with tea, coffee and orange juice (Champagne available as an optional extra).
• 4 course gastronomic lunch with 1 bottle of champagne or Bordeaux per person over the meal.
• “High Tea” – Sandwiches and cakes and complimentary drinks on return flight.
• Menu cards & place names.
• Information pack per participant.
• Unlike many Incentive Travel firms and Event Organisers, Arblaster and Clarke Wine Tours is a fully licensed and bonded Tour Operator. The financial protection given by these bonds does extend to our Commercial Clients. Our CAA Atol Licence is 2543
Wine Flight Extras
This is just a small selection of “add-on” ideas you may include at additional cost, (these must be ordered with artwork no later than 28 days before departure):-
• Wine may be sent in advance as a “teaser” or collected on the spot. Labels can be personalised with your logo.
• Catering – there are various upgrades available in-flight or on location.
• Champagne chocolate “bouchons” (corks) can be offered at the end of the meal or on the return journey.
• Logo-ed headrests on the aircraft can be arranged.
• Personalised or logo-ed menus can be arranged.
• Personalised place cards can be arranged.
• Instamatic / throw away cameras on the tables.
• Books – there are superb publications on Champagne, Bordeaux or wine that you may offer clients as a memento, these can be personalised with a label.
• Sports such as golf or tennis can sometimes be organised, subject to the time available.
Talk to us about your favourite Claret or Champagne, and we can advise on the possibility of including it!
One of these superb, memorable days is the perfect solution to your events programme for top clients and senior staff who are likely to have an interest in good food and wine. But be warned, you may find it becomes an annual event!