Are you thinking about your next luxury vacation? Our resident wine expert, Sam McCathie, has rounded up five reasons why you should treat yourself to a place on one of our indulgent Arblaster & Clarke wine tours or champagne weekends.
1) Travel in the company of esteemed experts, writers and Masters of Wine. We have the largest group of wine experts of any wine tour operator and many of them have been escorting our popular tours for over 20 years now. The relationships we have built with them means that you are travelling with people we consider family, and we are proud to have them both representing us and showcasing their passion and expertise in such fantastic ways.
2) Enjoy our tours alongside like-minded travellers. Our wine guides go above and beyond to ensure everyone within the group is included and, with many single people choosing to travel with Arblaster & Clarke, inclusivity is a priority. All of our guests experience something special with us, regardless of their personal level of knowledge, and many life-long friendships have blossomed on our tours.
3) Enjoy exclusive access that you won’t find elsewhere. Our coveted 30-year-old black book both enables us to open doors to experiences that are not otherwise available to the public and to arrange visits to private wineries that don’t export to the UK. We also regularly arrange for the winemakers themselves – or for a family member of the wine estate itself – to be present when we arrive for that extra special and personal touch.
4) Bespoke wine tours and champagne weekends created by experts. You won’t find the tours offered by Arblaster & Clarke anywhere else because we don’t buy products from tourist boards or travel agents. Our vacations are designed from scratch by experienced wine travel experts, which ensures that each tour is completely unique to us and offers a deeply considered, personal experience.
5) Let us take the driver’s seat. One of the most difficult aspects of becoming fully immersed in a wine tour is having to assign someone to the role of designated driver. With our tours, we provide comfortably chauffeured coaches or mini-vans… and sometimes even 4x4s if the winery we’re visiting is particularly remote.