Arblaster & Clarke Wine Tours Ltd (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.arblasterandclarke.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and all applicable laws and regulations relating to the processing of personal data and privacy, including the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (the “Data Protection Legislation”), the data controller is Arblaster & Clarke Wine Tours Ltd of The Clock Tower, Unit 4 Oakridge Office Park, Southampton Road, Whaddon, Salisbury, SP5 3HT.
The Data Protection Principles
We comply with the principles of data protection law.
This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
1. Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
2. Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
3. Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
4. Accurate and kept up to date, and you can inform us at anytime of inaccuracies.
5. Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
6. Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in booking forms on our site www.arblasterandclarke.com (“our site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product or service, make a booking on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, request a brochure on our site, sign-up to our email newsletter and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Special category personal data
We may ask you to provide certain information relating to your health, including any medical conditions, in order to determine whether such health issues may affect the product or service you are interested in. We will only process such data where you have provided your explicit consent to us doing so.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to enable trusted external partners (including digital marketing agencies and social media platform operators) to identify relevant audiences for our marketing activities. Our trusted external partners may have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
If we intend to use this information for any other purpose, we will let you know what we intend to do with such data and the legal basis we are relying on for processing such data. This may include obtaining your express consent.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- to enable trusted external partners (including digital marketing agencies and social media platform operators) to identify relevant audiences for our marketing activities. Our trusted external partners may have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes;
- we may share non-personal aggregate statistics about visitors to this site and traffic patterns with other parties.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you;
- trusted external partners (including digital marketing agencies and social media platform operators) to identify relevant audiences for our marketing activities. Our trusted external partners may have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Arblaster & Clarke Wine Tours Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. We will inform you if we need to disclose your personal data for such purpose.