Sip some of the world’s most prestigious wines…
Burgundy produces some of the most celebrated Grand Cru and Premier Cru wines in the world. Across its five sub-regions, 100 different appellations, a range of individual vineyards and more than 3,000 lone producers – Burgundy makes up to 15 million cases of wine every year. Join us as we sample the best of the best; and discover that when it comes to a good bottle of Burgundy, no price is too high… at the famous Hospices de Beaune charity wine auction.
This beautiful wine region covers much of the Eastern side of France, from Chablis in the north, to Beaujolais in the south. We stay in Beaune for the majority of our tour. The beautiful town is a maze of cobbled medieval streets – lined with wonderful wine shops, tempting delicatessens and interesting museums. Enjoy plenty of spare time to explore freely through the charming area.
- Burgundy is considered to produce some of the finest wines in the world – sample some divine Pinot Noir and exceptional Chardonnay
- Travel alongside renowned guide Andrew Jefford.
- Stay in sublime 5* accommodation and dine at the Michelin-starred restaurant ‘Les Terrasses de Lyon’
- Attend the world famous Hospices de Beaune charity wine auction – held just once a year and running since 1851
- Burgundy is home to the purest expressions of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay
- Burgundy grows Pinot Noir like nowhere else on Earth. Ethereal, elegant and magisterial, it’s joy in a glass: red fruits, cherry, mushrooms and spice
- The white Chardonnay grape is also allowed to express itself in a myriad of styles: from steely, minerally Chablis to soft, buttery Meursault and everything else in between